FOUNTAIN OF THE LIVING WORD CHURCH PRAYER MINISTRY
PRAYING AND FASTING GUIDANCE B
1. Set out the first weeks of this year at least 2 weeks, starting today January 2nd to lay out your goals and bring them before the Lord. This time of prayer should be a time of reflection (with scriptures) to align your goals with God’s plan for you in this 2018. Your plans should comprise individually, as a family, your various responsibilities in and out of the church.
Proverbs 19:21 “Many plans are in a man’s mind, but it is the Lord’s purpose for him that will stand”
2. You are encouraged to fast during this time. The reason being that it will help take you out of your normal daily routine. Choose a mode of fasting that best suit your work or activities. You can also choose a day of the week, periods of the day, meals of the day to skip, lighter meals etc. PREGNANT WOMEN, CHILDREN AND THOSE BREASTFEEDING MUST NOT FAST.
Please do not embark on a hunger strike, and lose focus that is not the purpose. Let no one force anybody or put any guilt on you as regarding this fast.
1 Cor. 8:8 “But food does not bring us near to God; we are no worse if we do not eat, and no better if we do”
3. You must have a purpose to your prayer and fasting. When you have articulated your purpose, make sure you identify a scripture or scriptures to anchor your prayer on. This is important because it is by FAITH that you receive from God.
James 1:5-7 “ If anyone LACKS wisdom (you can plug in any lack here), let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6 But let him ask in FAITH, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For let, not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;”
Faith comes through hearing from God, hence that scripture(s) you have chosen will establish faith in you regarding what and why you are praying. Do not forget to pray that your eyes of understanding will open; hence you will be where Christ is, in all issues because you have insight beyond the natural.
4. Be encouraged to pray in the spirit much more during this time. If you are not baptized in the Holy Spirit, remember it is a free gift given you by God that you must accept. It manifests by speaking in tongues, therefore receive the Holy Spirit NOW.
Romans 8:26 “Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groaning …”
Jude 20 “ But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit”
5. Church ministries make sure you also schedule times and pray together for your ministry goals.
6. During this period, make all effort to come to the church prayer service on Wednesday evenings @ 7:30pm. This gathering will help stir you up and direct you properly as you are praying.
Proverbs 27:17 “As iron sharpens iron so a friend sharpens a friend.”